Pilgrim Church Community Garden

732 Central Avenue West, Saint Paul, MN

This historic church community was the first African American Baptist congregation in Saint Paul, formed in 1863 by 50 African Americans who escaped slavery. This garden is the largest in the UF&GA, with plots for neighbors & church members, a supervised youth gardening space, and communal garden space to supply fresh produce for the church’s food shelf. This spring the UF&GA constructed a Hoop House structure at this garden to extend the growing season. Volunteer leader is Nate Galloway.